- 1st ingredient is fresh Canadian chicken. Our fresh ingredients use refrigeration as the sole method of preservation and our raw ingredients are frozen at their peak freshness.
- Balanced nutrition & fewer calories to help support a healthy weight and nurture your senior dog.
- Contains no grain ingredients**.
- Proudly crafted in Canada.
- This recipe has a new look!
*Approximate and derived from the unprocessed state of the ingredients. **Produced in a facility that also processes grains.
WHY HAVE YOU UPDATED THE PACKAGING?
Our new packaging makes it very easy for Pet Lovers to find the information that is important to them. The look is cleaner, with our Go Beyond commitments featured on the back of the packaging. A call out to the benefits of rotational feeding encourages Pet Lovers to provide variety for their dogs, and it’s also very easy to find the ingredients, Guaranteed Analysis and a feeding guide.
WILL I NEED TO TRANSITION TO THE NEW RECIPES?
As these recipes are new formulas, dogs who are currently on ACANA will be okay with a short transition of 50/50 for a day or two.
Dogs that are particularly sensitive, or new to ACANA may benefit from a longer transition onto the new formulas. We recommend starting with 25% of the new ACANA diet with 75% of the previous diet, and gradually increasing the new diet over the course of a week.
I give my chihuahua a mix of kibbles and fresh food daily. All I need to say is that she eats the kibbles first before the fresh food. I was apprehensive when the vet told me to switch to senior dog food as my dog is a picky eater. Thankfully she loves the Acana senior receipe :)